Tony grew up in Watertown SD, and graduated from Southwest Minnesota State with a BS in Business Administration in 1988.
He is employed as an independent insurance agent with InsuranceWorks Agency, Inc., headquartered in Woodbury.
Tony and his wife Dawn have lived in Cottage Grove for over 23 years. They have two daughters. Alexa is 23 and Tori is 21.
Because of Tony’s extensive volunteer service to the city of Cottage Grove, in April 2016 he was presented with the Volunteer of the Year Award by the Cottage Grove mayor and city council. His list of current and former volunteer activity includes:
- Cottage Grove Economic Development Authority, treasurer
- Cottage Grove Public Services Commission, chair
- Washington County Library Board, member
- Vice Chair of the Finance Council at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic Church, Hastings
- Knights of Columbus Council 1600, Grand Knight
- Cottage Grove Comprehensive Plan Steering Committee
- Cottage Grove Neighborhood Watch, Block Captain Tony and Dawn have been 10 year hosts of their National Night Out/Night to Unite neighborhood block party
- Cottage Grove Public Works Commission, chair
- Cottage Grove Charter Commission, vice chair
- Parish Council, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic Church
Tony describes himself as a pragmatic conservative who supports fiscally responsible government that lives within its means while making needed investments in education, transportation, environmental protection and services for veterans, senior citizens and the disabled.
Tony welcomes questions about his campaign, and positions on issues and can be reached at 651-592-0846 or firstname.lastname@example.org.