Last night I participated in a candidate forum in Cottage Grove put on by the South Washington County Telecommunications Commission. Also participating in the forum were other District 54 candidates Dan Schoen, Keith Franke, Jen Peterson, and Don Slaten.
Here are the questions which we were asked to address:
- What do you believe are the two greatest challenges the state will need to address over the next ten years?
- What qualifications would you bring to office if elected to meet those challenges?
- I’m uninsurable, what will you do to the health care system to insure that I will keep affordable insurance?
- Do you support a user tax on gasoline to fund transportation? Why or Why not?
- What would you have done differently in the past legislative session to have avoided it’s failures to pass the bonding bill and work for the best interest of Minnesota?
- What would you do to bring transparency to the funding of interest groups which try and influence elections and legislators?
- The Foster Care System and Child Protection is in crisis. How will you give a voice to our most vulnerable and help protect our children?
- The amount as a percent of a budget the state pays to fund higher education is lower than decades ago making college more unaffordable, will you work to increase state funding?